terça-feira, dezembro 07, 2010

Mais sobre Enchanted

[Preguiça de traduzir] ENCHANTED
The most unabashedly romantic song on the album, and also one of the best, "Enchanted" describes the aftermath of meeting a special someone without knowing whether the instant infatuation is at all reciprocated.
"That song is about pining away for if you're ever going to see someone again-walking away too early," she explained. "It was about this guy that I met in New York City, and I had talked to him on email or something before, but I had never met him. And meeting him, it was this overwhelming feeling of: I really hope that you're not in love with somebody. And the whole entire way home, I remember the glittery New York City buildings passing by, and then just sitting there thinking, am I ever going to talk to this person again? And that pining away for a romance that may never even happen, but all you have is this hope that it could, and the fear that it never will.
"I started writing that in the hotel room when I got back. Because it just was this positive, wistful feeling of: I hope you understand just how much I loved meeting you. I hope that you know that meeting you was not something that I took lightly, or just in passing. And I think my favorite part of that song is the part where, in the bridge, it goes to sort of a stream of consciousness of ‘Please don't be in love with someone else/Please don't have somebody waiting on you.' Because at that moment, that's exactly what my thoughts were. And it feels good to write exactly what your thoughts were in a certain moment."
Apparently, nothing came of this enchantment, except for the song. At least that's the impression given by how Swift acknowledges the guy in question hasn't heard it yet, though she expects him to recognize that it's about their brief encounter when he does hear it. "I think so," she said with a slight laugh. "Using the word ‘wonderstruck' was done on purpose," she added (referring to the line "I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home"). Because that's a word which that person used one time in an email. And I don't think I've ever heard anybody use that term before, so I purposely wrote it in the song, so he would know."
(And now every guy who ever ran into Taylor Swift at a social event in New York is thinking: "I did say 'wonderstruck,' right?")
Então, pelo que eu entendi, a Taylor só escreveu esta música para se expressar ao Adam, mas não significa que ela ainda tenha sentimentos por ele. Quando ela o conheceu, ela sentiu aquele frio na barriga/bochechas ficando quentes/essas coisas que toda garota sente perto de um cara muito especial, mas nada que significasse amor. Talvez paixão/atração, mas não amor. Ela só queria não ter saido cedo demais e não ter dito o quanto foi especial e encantador conhecer ele.
I wrote "Enchanted" about a guy who I was enchanted to meet, obviously. He was somebody that I had talked to a couple of times on email, and then I was in New Yorkand went to meet him.
I remember just the whole way home thinking, "I hope he's not in love with somebody." It was just wonderful, that feeling. Like, "Oh my gosh. Who's he with? Does he like me? Does he like somebody else? What does it mean?" I got home and he had emailed me and said something like, "Sorry I was so quiet. I was just wonderstruck meeting you." And so I incorporated the word wonderstruck, into the song as a, "Hey this one's sorta for you."
Conclusão: a Taylor estava com overdose de oxitocina.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

"Se os escritores escrevessem tão descuidadamente como dizem algumas pessoas, então adhasdh asdglaseuyt[bn[ pasdlgkasdfasdf" Lemony Snicket